As per the Shambhala Board Resolution, the new Code of Conduct is in effect on Shambhala Day 2021. Following a phased approach, the International Care and Conduct Panel will serve on an interim basis as the panel (equivalent to the international Council) as a way to support the transition to the new Code of Conduct. Access a description of the phased implementation here.
Approved and Effective Date: February 26, 2020
Child Protection Policy (CPP)
The Code of Conduct documents will be available in additional languages as soon as translation is complete.
Please click on the link to access the Child Protection Policy (CPP).
- Shambhala Child Protection Policy (English)
- Política de Protección de la infancia de Shambhala para España (Español)
- Politique de protection des enfants dans Shambhala (Français)
- Kinderschutzrichtlinie (Deutsch)
- Normative Shambhala di Protezione dei bambini (Italiano)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the CPP:
- CPP Frequently Asked Questions (English)
- Preguntas Frecuentes Sobre la Política de Protección de la Infancia (Español)
- Politique de Protection des Enfants – Questions Fréquentes (Français)
- Kinderschutzrichtlinie – Häufig gestellte Fragen (Deutsch)
This policy, which applies throughout Shambhala, is an essential measure to ensure that the growing minds and bodies of our children are respected, and that each child is protected from sexual abuse. A Child Protection Policy Working Group has been formed to make recommendations on how best to prevent abuse in Shambhala. If you or someone you know would like to volunteer for the working group, send an email to [email protected].
Click on the link to access a guide to the Child Protection Policy: